Client: Leading British RetailerRole: Environment / Release ManagerLocation: Central LondonDuration: 3 month initial contractRate: £400 £450 per dayOur client is currently looking for a Release...
Client: Leading British Retailer
Role: Environment / Release Manager
Location: Central London
Duration: 3 month initial contract
Rate: £400 - £450 per day
Our client is currently looking for a Release Manager to focus on Oracle product sets for Finance and Pensions. You will support the strategic use and maintenance of a pool of roughly 50 on-premises HR, Finance and Pensions related environments.
The Environment Manager 'owns' the Delivery environments space, processes, controls and approach on behalf of the Group Delivery Manager. You will be the Environments SME and will be expected to provide proactive steer to Release, Development and Project teams, and seek out opportunities to drive down cost, streamline path to live and provide added value as a natural part of their role.
- Identify change in monthly releases through interaction with programme, product and other delivery teams outside of online.
- Ensure change is catalogued using ITIL based methods and that these are clearly identified by technical and business components.
- Publish and manage release information using tools such as Aha, JIRA and Confluence.
- Automate the process where possible using various Agile, Kanban and release based techniques.
- Setup new ways of working to ensure Releases are quality managed into the release through set metrics and sign off criteria.
- Manage Release Plan for Online Releases across all channels.
- Chair and manage daily stand ups and regular Release planning sessions.
- Work with Integrated Release Board and Change Management to ensure Release information is managed in to the Ops team correctly and any clashes managed.
- Work with other projects or programmes outside the release to ensure issue and risk mitigated.
- Work with Environments and Ops implementation to ensure the release notes are handed over.
- Manage Release Retrospection looking at continuous improvements of the process.
- Ensure that output is clearly published and then actioned.
- Establish a clear process to measure the release management improvement process.
- Manage Release go live reporting and issue resolution.
- Able to work in a large organisation with different delivery models.
- Able to build successful relationships with stakeholders and teams
You will have a background in Release Management and Agile skillsets and be able to articulate plans, risks and issues to key stakeholders.
- Project Management (Prince2)
- Release Management ITIL
- Agile knowledge including Scrum and Kanban
- JIRA, Confluence skills utilising Release Management and reporting aspects
- Aha tool management and integration into JIRA
- Test and Implementation background
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position then please do apply below.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.