Hardware Engineer Carbon60 are working with a leading developer of a variety of marine systems for surface vessels and submarines. They are looking...
Carbon60 are working with a leading developer of a variety of marine systems for surface vessels and submarines. They are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join their team.
Please note this position requires security clearance, this can only be obtained if you have British citizenship and resided in the UK for at least 5 years.
Reporting to the Head of Hardware you'll provide support with general design, development and support tasks for radar and Integrated Bridge System products.
The scope of work will be varied and will involve, electronic and system design, investigation and resolution of field issues, selection and evaluation of third-party products and generation of project documentation. You'll need to ensure all your work is delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes and carry out any other reasonable management requests.
Required skills and experience:
* A degree in electrical/electronic engineering or a related discipline.
* Analogue and Digital circuit design and System Interfacing
* Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability
* Good technical writing skills
* Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
* Understanding of the marine environment
* Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and ability to learn and understand portfolio of products
* Working knowledge of networks and network topology
* Cadstar, AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio
* Presentation skills
* Experience of estimating technical scope and workload
* Knowledge of IEC standards - 60945, 61162, 61174, 62288 and 62388.
* Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
The company offers an excellent training and development programme, along with a variety of employment benefits. Please contact Faye Jackson for further info on 01329 227015 or 07867 143608.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.