Software Test Engineer position based in Whiteley. A leading Technology and Consulting firm require a Software Test Engineer to join their centre of excellence in...
Carbon60 are working with a leading supplier of marine management systems for surface vessels and submarines in their search for a Test Engineer to join their team.
Please note this position requires security clearance, this can only be obtained if you have British citizenship and resided in the UK for at least 5 years.
We're looking for a Test Engineer to provide specification, conduct and report of Verification & Validation activities for various projects. For this role a significant amount of time will be spent with the customer and also our Surrey office.
Working with internal and external contacts you'll:
- Specify, run and report V&V activities for control systems (including Hardware Qualification and Software functionality)
- Produce V&V documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures
- Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- Travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required
- Carry out any other reasonable management request
Required skills & Experience:
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. control engineering, systems engineering
- Work within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Software testing of complex PLC based systems
- Fault diagnostics
- Planning & conducting hardware qualification tests
- Experience of Verification & Validation activities within Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Technical documentation, produced a high standard
- Test specification development
- Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Ship's Machinery Control & Platform Management Systems experience
- Commercial or Military Marine Engineering
- Siemens - Step 7, S7-300 & 400
- PLC Code Development
- HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
- Software Configuration Control
- Understanding of PC Hardware and PLC Hardware, Ethernet Networks
- Conducting and reporting Factory Acceptance Testing
- Understanding of Functional Safety (IEC 61508 - SIL)
- Presentation Skills
- MS Access, Excel, Word, Visio
The company offers an excellent training and development programme, along with a variety of employment benefits. Please contact Faye Jackson for further info on 01329 227015 or 07867 143608.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.