Our client, a major Aerospace and Defence company is recruiting for a Materials Lab Engineer position at their Portsmouth site.Description of Duties: You will contribute...
Our client, a major Aerospace and Defence company is recruiting for a Materials Lab Engineer position at their Portsmouth site.
Description of Duties:
- You will contribute to the Materials and Processes team mission of assuring the quality of materials and processes used in Airbus Defence and Space products.
- You will provide support to in-process testing and batch acceptance testing of procured materials.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Hands-on testing of materials and processes used in the manufacture of space products - mechanical and/or chemical, analysing the results and reporting data to enable internal customers to make informed pass/fail decisions
- Support Materials Engineering investigations, produce reports on the results drawing concise conclusions and present the findings to internal / external customers
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a 5S lean approach to laboratory working
- Degree in a Chemistry, Materials Science or Physics discipline
- Experience working within a commercial / Industrial and regulated laboratory environment
- Practical experience of mechanical testing and / or chemical testing, with a particular emphasis on industrial chemistry.
- Practical experience of micro sectioning and microscopy would be a distinct advantage
- Prepared to travel to other UK company sites
- PC literate, report and specification writing, database maintenance and spreadsheets
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.