Client: Leading British RetailerRole: Release ManagerLocation: Bracknell, BerkshireDuration: 6 monthsDaily rate: up to £550 per dayOur client is looking for an experienced Release Manager with...
Client: Leading British Retailer
Role: Release Manager
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 6 months
Daily rate: up to £550 per day
Our client is looking for an experienced Release Manager with MDM (Master Data Management) experience.
- All MDM-related software releases to the live environment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders, including Programme Management, Infrastructure and Delivery Support Teams, Business Users, Project Management, Testing and Project/ Programme Sponsors.
- Establish and maintain processes and controls with internal and external suppliers for management, delivery and communication of release-related activity.
- Establish, maintain and manage release change control process, track potential changes and drive ongoing improvement through the release process.
- Create the release plan and deployment schedule
- Ensure that release deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- On a release-by-release basis, agree with each delivery team the content of the release, and ensure that this is in line with the project plan, and is aligned across teams
- Oversee signoffs from senior stakeholders on release artefacts such as Test Strategy and Plan covering approach to Integration, Performance Testing, Rollback and Disaster recovery for the release.
- Ensuring standard release Acceptance Criteria is maintained and (refined for each release) including both Business and Operational criteria.
- Ensure releases meet the expected quality to facilitate handover to Operational Support.
- Ensure an agreed backout procedure is in place for each release with clear deploy/rollback criteria
- Ensuring Project Managers and other key stakeholders are aware of the release timescales and the dates by when key project deliverables will need to be met in order for the project to be included in allocated release.
- Ensuring Project Managers and key stakeholders have access to all relevant release documents including Release Strategy/ Plan, Schedules, PCS, FMT etc.
- Manage risks associated with release process
- Drive performance through setting deadlines and escalating issues to Programme Management.
- Working with stakeholders to develop a deployment schedule for each release based on the standard approach and individual release constraints.
- Identify dependencies and milestones required to meet published plan/ known pipeline.
- Support the estimating process.
- Work with Practice Leads and other functions to secure resources required to deliver each release.
- Track progress of release related activity (release, test, pilot, deployment) against plan and take action to minimise slippage, reporting regularly to Programme Manager.
- Identify and manage risks and issues, co-ordinate the change control procedure and assess and drive action to mitigate the impact of these on the plan.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team (those delivering release related change), and take appropriate action where release delivery deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Work with quality assurance roles outside the project team to promote quality standards.
- Drive timely decision making through effective communication with Programme and Project Management, Project Sponsor and Operations.
- Manage "on the day/night" release plan and lead any necessary communications and escalation.
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position, then please do apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.