Our Wimborne, Dorset based client are looking for a Systems Integration Engineering Senior Manager who will report to the Senior Director for Weapons Carriage &...
Description of the Job
- Zephyr is the record breaking state-of-the-art solar powered ultra-light weight High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) for use in both commercial and military applications. As part of the growth of the Programme a vacancy has arisen within the Project Management (TUMZP) team based in Farnborough.
- The Project Management team are responsible for the successful implementation of projects to deliver prototype aircraft, ground support equipment (GSE), and payloads as well as customer demonstrations and Zephyr services.
Tasks and Accountabilities
- Support Zephyr Project Managers in the delivery of nominated project activities on time, cost and quality.
- Initially the role will be to support the Zephyr S Project Manager in the delivery of work packages supporting the achievement of a successful engineering flight trial and customer capability demonstration in 2018.
- Must be able to deploy internationally for long periods of time.
- Project management experience and qualification ideally equivalent to APM, PMI or Prince2
- Strong engineering background BSc / HNC / BEng and / or recognised apprenticeship in engineering.
- Track record of successful delivery (defined timescales, requirements and budgets) for technical development projects.
- Experience of MS Project or similar packages.
- The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- Experience of UAS or Space system level design and documentation.
- Understanding of UK/US military working procedures.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.