A highly experienced professional to manage the Test & Verification project, defining and then conducting, or overseeing, all test and verification activities on the project...
Outline Job Profile
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the generation of test systems capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech digital processor product business-line.
The digital processors designed within this division are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
The main candidate activaties for this role will be:
- Software design and debug
- Automatic test procedure generation
- Hardware/software integration and debug
- Test validation and design proving
- Design and software control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews)
- Work efficiently within a dedicated test system design team
- Support of test activities leading to unit delivery
Qualifications and/or Skills
- Engineering Degree (Electrical, Software or closely related discipline), 2.1 or above.
- Very strong background in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application
- Fluent in several software languages (i.e. C/C++, Java, Python)
- Proven track-record in a product "design and test" business environment
- Understanding and practical application of RF test & measurement equipment (including the use of programming interfaces)
- Experience of working within a product manufacture and test domain
- Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture)
- Knowledge of SQL and database applications
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.