Experienced Data Cabling Engineers (Team of 2 ideally) required for temporary contract installation works in York.Duties will involve both first fix and second fix installation...
Principal CAD Designer
Please note this position requires security clearance, this can only be obtained if you have British citizenship and resided in the UK for at least 5 years.
Supporting the Mechanical CAD Design Team you'll be working on Military Programme Projects using Creo Elements (3D CAD) in the development of Machinery Automation Products and Commercial Radar for use in the Marine Industry.
In board terms the responsibility of the Principal CAD Designer is to produce drawing data packs to enable manufacture and delivery of products and equipment, which comply with the requirements of authorising signatories. Organisation of all CAD Office aspects of this work comes within the scope at this level.
Key accountabilities include:
- Dimensional accuracy
- Tolerancing for assembly and interchangeability
- Application of standards and material and finishes
- Part list accuracy
- Design layouts
- Achievement of agreed programme timescales
- Produce and record clear and accurate layouts for products and equipment which ensure the dimensional accuracy of details and show sufficient detail to avoid mechanical fouls (interferences) and ensure interchangeability. Maintain these at an adequate standard throughout development to allow modification of designs.
- Produce and maintain generation charts to define the eventual drawing structure of a product using whichever system the Company is operating for this purpose.
- Produce 3D Models, outline and details drawings of products and components. These shall be dimensionally accurate and toleranced to ensure interchangeability.
- Produce parts lists which are comprehensive and accurate using whichever system the Company is operating for this purpose.
- Produce Assembly drawings which define the manufacturing assembly and locate and itemise the components.
- Produce installation drawings which provide the necessary data to an installer of the product.
- Provide plans to the project management team and Chief Engineer for the complete drawing programmes on projects which are reasonable and achievable.
- Take responsibility for completion of work in accordance with agreed plans and programmes providing details of progress as required, and achieving necessary timescales.
- Carry out work in accordance with agreed programmes providing details of progress as required.
- Carry out checking and modification work on existing drawings and designs ensuring interchangeability and fit.
- Where appropriate produce circuit and block diagrams.
- Where appropriate duties will also include maintenance and management of a parts data base library(s) for CAD systems.
- Assist where appropriate and requested with assembly of first off builds provided the individual concerned is in agreement.
- Where appropriate undertake visits to subcontractors to agree designs or investigate problems provided that mutually agreed transport facilities are provided.
- Where appropriate, and requested, assist and supervise junior staff and those carrying out allied functions in the completion of their duties.
- Maintain work areas to a good level of tidiness and cleanliness.
- Maintain basic records on information received for design purposes and alteration using the Development Change Note (DCN) and later the Production Change Note (CN).
- Carry out any reasonable task requested by the Chief Engineer(s) or Project Manager(s), and mutually agreed between the persons concerned, where booking numbers for timesheets are provided.
- Complete and obtain authorisation on the required timesheets in a timely fashion.
- To ensure minimum alterations are required when drawings are prepared and presented for approval:-
- The designer shall self-check all work before presenting for approval and achieve a minimal level of corrections.
- The designer shall be familiar with and apply Company procedures which are applicable to the work.
- To manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable where job holder has line management responsibilities)
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- To carry out any other reasonable management request
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of workshop practice.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and processing.
- Good working knowledge of Creo Elements and Windchill PDM Link
- Ability to perform manual calculations.
- Understand the basic Microsoft Office packages.
- Have previous experience of working on Military Projects.
- Production drawings and tolerancing.
- Full understanding of the Design Process.
- Understanding of the Marine Environment.
- Knowledge of Radar Products.
- Basic understanding of Electrical Principles.
- Understand how Commercial Projects are run.
- Understand how Military Projects are run.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.