Experienced Data Cabling Engineers (Team of 2 ideally) required for temporary contract installation works in York.Duties will involve both first fix and second fix installation...
AIT Spacecraft Purge Engineer:
Our client is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. They are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale.
This role is for an experienced Engineer to manage the gas purge process that protects the scientific equipment that will be part of the satellite payload.
The post holder will work from the operating parameters set for each equipment package and devise/set up the purge kit - initially in a clean room on site - and then a revised set up for transport of the package to the launch site. The post holder will monitor the purge process in transit and at the launch site up until launch.
This role is ideal for those with space sector experience but the key skills may also be found in the technical, scientific, medical or other sectors.
- Operating and managing the nitrogen purge process for scientific equipment
- Taking responsibility for managing the spacecraft purge supply through spacecraft test and launch site operation up to launch.
- Carrying out MCP bottle changes and set up of flow systems
- Carrying out system flow checks in line with design specifications
- Contact with nitrogen
- Contact with flow meters and Swagelock equipment
- Contact with flight hardware
- Working to MIL spec (defined military standards)
- Reporting to AIT Lead Engineer
- Skills/Experience Required
- 3+ years working with purge systems in a space/technical/scientific/medical environment
- Swagelock systems experience is a clear advantage Education & Training
- Engineering NVQ/A levels/Degree
- Safe use of Gas
- Shift work will be part of the role
- Travel to Europe is required for long periods during launch phase of a project The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.