An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled planning officer, to be based in and around Brighton & HoveJob Title: Planning OfficerLocation: HoveRate From:...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled planning officer, to be based in and around Brighton & Hove
Job Title: Planning Officer
Rate From: £16.28 Per/Hour
Contract: 3 Months (likely extensions)
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm, Monday - Friday, 37 per week (typically)
The successful candidate will be expected to help deliver a top quality, customer-focused planning service for the city. Using your professional expertise you will offer advice on local planning and conservation issues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Carrying out a wide range of planning related activities and working flexibly across teams
- Presenting reports and evidence on complicated planning applications and enforcement appeals.
- Developing and preparing of legal paperwork
- Working in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure all decision making is based on accurate and informed recommendations and advice
- Working collaboratively with customers and colleagues across the service
What we are looking for:
- NQF level 5 or equivalent in Town Planning or a related field.
- A commitment to CPD in planning or a related profession
- Sound and detailed knowledge of conservation, enforcement and planning principles and practise including relevant legislation
- Experience in a relevant or similar environment
- Reliable, punctual and able to commute to Brighton, Hove and the surrounding areas.
If this planning officer role, based in Hove is of interest please apply using the buttons above. Alternatively you can ring me (Lewis) direct on 01296 311323 or email me at We will respond to all applicants.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.