My client requires a Building Control Officer to ensure high standards in the interest of health and safety in the construction of buildings across the...
Salary: £34,000 to £37,500 + £1,000 car supplement
Hours: Full time, flexible
Location: Luton and surrounding sites
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client for a highly skilled building surveyor to be based in and around Luton. We offer a great benefits package including: flexible working hours, generous holiday entitlement (26 days increasing to 31 days after 5 years' service), local government pension, up to £963 car supplement, discounted travel and a relocation package is available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the condition of all building fabric to the council owned public buildings and schools.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and management of cost effective programmes of planned maintenance and service contracts.
- Ensure that responsive and emergency repairs are dealt with efficiently and promptly
- Provide technical and legislative advice to building managers and senior staff
- Project manage the delivery of building fabric projects on an individual basis, and assist with electrical and mechanical repairs and projects where possible
What we are looking for
- Able to write survey reports/ specifications. Substantial experience in a building surveying environment including making professional judgements.
- Some experience in contract administration and site supervision, able to control, supervise and monitor the performance of contractors
- Reliable, punctual and able to commute to Luton and the surrounding areas. Able to undertake site visits and access all parts of building sites.
- HNC in building surveying or equivalent qualification or equivalent verifiable work based experience.
- Desirable but not essential: Some experience in controlling budgets and having the ability to produce scaled CAD plans.
There will be excellent training and development opportunities for the successful candidate. If this role as a Building Surveyor based in Luton is of interest please apply using the buttons above. Alternatively you can call me (Lewis) direct on 01296 311323 or email me at We will respond to all applicants, I hope to hear from you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.