Business development managerYou will be working with a well-established aerospace company, with state of the art facilities. Based in Sunbury, a short walk from public...
Product Development Manager
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for a Product Development Manager to join an innovative engineering business in West Yorkshire. The Product Development Manager will focus on developing piezoelectric devices such as sensors, actuators and ultrasonic transducers for extreme conditions/environments/temperatures.
The Product Development Manager will provide project management and product design for manufacture, and will have responsibility for taking prototypes through to production.
Working closely with Materials, Acoustics and Electro-Mechanical Engineers, ultrasonic products will be developed for various markets such as Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing, Nuclear, Process Control and Oil & Gas.
- Lead an experienced engineering team through product planning and development, taking products from prototype to production
- Act as Scrum Master or equivalent
- Project manage prototypes through testing and validation
- Validate and test ultrasonic devices (sensors/transducers) for extreme condition environments
- Evaluate technical drawings and assemblies to ensure they are designed for manufacture.
- Communicate with suppliers to resolve issues and ensure product requirements are met.
- PhD or Master's degree in Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience in product development, production or manufacturing.
- Experience within engineering project management and/or product development
- Knowledge of analogue electronics/electrical engineering/electronic devices.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering/design (CAD/CAM)
- Ability to perform independent research and report on findings
- Experience working to a Quality Management System
- Experience with SME technical teams.
- Prior experience with the development of leading edge products
- Experience in signal processing and/or software engineering
- Experience working with or developing high-temperature/high pressure devices
- Skilled at one or more programming language (C++, Matlab, LabVIEW, etc)
This is a fabulous opportunity for a Product Development Manager to join an interesting engineering business in West Yorkshire. The company offers the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology with applications in a wide variety of industries. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 227 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.