Job SummaryThe V&V Engineer is responsible to the V&V Team Lead for executing allocated V&V Work Packages. In order to demonstrate suitability for release of...
We are currently working with a leading systems Integration Company based in Warrington who are currently recruiting for a lead EC&I Engineer on a contract basis with a focus on design of instrumentation and safety systems.
Working across Water, Utilities and the oil and Gas sectors this role will provide variance for the right candidate.
This position would also be a lead position with responsibility for supervising and monitoring a team of Designers within EC&I to deliver detailed work packages.
This role will involve liaising with clients, customers and senior management to provide expert technical knowledge on all EC&I projects.
- Supervision and Input to the production and / or development of schemes, arrangement drawings, schedules and other deliverables as required by the project, e.g. cable routing drawings, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, hook up drawings, schedules, material take-offs, scope documents, site instructions, site structure list
- Selection & specification of general LV electrical items e.g. distribution equipment, isolation & control equipment, light fittings, cables, protective devices
- Selection & specification of general items of equipment e.g. converters, barriers, indicators, relays, junction boxes, cables etc.
- Selection and Specification of field instruments for different types of flow, pressure, level, temperature and analytical instrumentation
- Calculations for lighting design and cable sizing using proprietary software
- Application of functional safety requirements to IEC61508/11
- Development of user requirements for control systems
- Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within and across disciplines, liaising directly with the client where required
- Carry out work on own initiative meeting agreed milestones, costs and quality targets
- Supervise Designers within own discipline, for delivery of detailed work packages
- Act as Project Engineer for smaller/single discipline projects
- Manage suppliers to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of procured equipment
- Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental protection are inherent in engineering design
- Ensure that all safety, design requirements, QA and project management procedures are applied and maintained
- Be responsible for ensuring quality, checking and approval of discipline design deliverables
- Comply with all safety, CDM requirements for design work, include: design reviews, risk assessments, customer instructions, site regulations, HAZOPS, and SSOW
- Comply with company processes, procedures, H&S and Environmental policies
- Carry out design in accordance with approved design guides, procedures, statutory regulations, customer requirements, British/European Standards / Codes of Practice
- Contribute to the production of cost and man-hour estimates
- Contribute to the preparation of project scoping documents
- Prepare specifications and requisitions for equipment
- Manage and report all costs on allocated projects in terms of progress, cost control and variations
- Carry out design, calculation and studies relevant to the engineering discipline
- Carry out site surveys of existing assets, augmenting design to ensure robust fit for purpose engineering solutions
- Support site installation and commissioning activities
Key Requirements and qualifications
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of E,C&I engineering
- Experienced in the selection & specification of relevant equipment
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations
- Experience within process industries
- Knowledge of current standards and codes of practice including ATEX, CDM, BS 7671 etc
The contract length for this position is 12 months and will be based in Warrington, Some travel may be required at times but this will be discussed at interview stage.
If you are interested in this lead EC&I Engineer role that apply now as interview will be held shortly
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.