Our Leatherhead, Surrey based client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems...
Our Leatherhead, Surrey based client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. The Antennas division is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work with their highly skilled R&D team. You will have a proven track record of working in a commercial environment on software projects. The successful candidate will join an experienced team, as they continue the development of their world-leading integrated avionics communications systems.
- Design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software for embedded applications encompassing both low-level microprocessor code as well as higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- Working with hardware and software engineers to deliver specific project goals derived from future product requirements.
- Development and implementation of application logic, peripheral drivers, protocols, human-machine interfaces and documentation of the same.
- Delivery of software within agreed timescales and to budget.
- C/C++ experience in an embedded environment
- Embedded processors and real-time operating systems
- Interfacing with hardware devices and peripherals
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycles and processes
- Requirement analysis, software design and software architecture
- Source control tools such as SubVersion and Git
As a global leader in antenna design and development which delivers mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. They pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Their GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. Their Vehicle Intercom system provides secure and reliable communications for military vehicles around the world. They have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on their direction finding systems for search and rescue operations. This is a great Embedded Software Engineer opportunity based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.