We are currently working with a large engineering company based in Peterborough who are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Operations Manager to play a key...
We are currently working with a large engineering company based in Peterborough who are looking to recruit a Manufacturing Operations Manager to play a key role in the execution of equipment assembly and asset maintenance.
This company is going through a level of high growth within the UK market and is expanding operations to a 7 day week whilst also implementing new manufacturing processes.
This position will be reporting into and supporting the production manager to deliver improvement in project execution, build quality and support the development of the team.
The successful candidate will ideally have hands on engineering experience as this role will involve being a technical point of authority for any issues and new project implementations.
- Lead manufacturing works in the engineering business
- Support production manager with all manufacturing and stores process improvements based on LEAN principals to increase productivity
- Identify training needs of manufacturing staff and work to fulfil these needs
- Meet commitments on a variety of projects from equipment assembly to plant and facilities. Communicate project status to leadership
- Determine resource requirements of projects portfolio and establish the activity allocations for the production team in tandem with Factory Scheduler.
- Using Project Systems and other tools, report project financial and schedule performance on a regular basis.
- Establish project budgets and lead project funding applications (capital & equipment expenditure).
- Develop project scope / deliverables and schedules. Follow project procedures / playbook.
- Oversee Production Orders and Maintenance Orders in tandem with Factory Scheduler
- Supports Production Managers with technical solutions
- Supports site "management of Change" process.
- Work closely with engineering function to define engineering deliverables, resource requirements and schedule.
- Manage project costs, in conjunction with Factory Scheduler, and supports inventory management activities.
- Maintains data related to Assembly KPI's.
- Communicate information effectively to people in all levels of the business.
- Working closely with the Quality leader and Plant Manager, be responsible for elements of the Facility quality program.
- Obtain feedback from production team and feed this back into project plans and schedules.
- Work with other functions to deliver project and team objectives.
- Proven manufacturing or transfer project management experience and skills
- Ability to work to budget, deadline, and report metrics
- Creative, able to think outside the box to improve processes, procedures and find smarter ways to work or drive efficiency.
- Adaptable, ability to work in a changing environment and schedule and help support an emergency-based business.
- Proved record of EHS and Quality awareness.
- Experience in Six Sigma &/or LEAN philosophy & tools
- Experience working in a rigorous quality program
- SAP or similar ERP experience
- Engineering Degree or equivalent in relevant specialism.
- Business Degree advantageous but not essential.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.