Client: Leading British Retailer Role: Product EngineerLocation: Bracknell Duration: 3 month contractYou will be responsible for delivery of work across Analysis, Development and Testing, within...
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems. Their activities cover complete civil and military telecommunications and Earth observation systems, science and navigation programmes, together with avionics and a wide range of space equipment and associated ground infrastructure.
They are recruiting for a Product Development Engineer (Lithium Battery) This is a Contract position for 6 months and will be based in Farnborough, Hampshire. The successful applicant will be expected to travel to other UK sites and Europe as required.
This is an opportunity to work with leading edge, record breaking technology.
Outline Job Profile:
- As part of the UAV Power team, you will be working with the wider UAV system and sub-system teams to develop and deliver safe and efficient electrical power storage solutions to time, cost and quality.
- [Comprising battery assemblies; solar arrays; electronics and Ground Support Equipment to store and maintain battery assemblies].
- Working with both internal and external stakeholders, develop solutions that will satisfy regulatory safety requirements within a flight operations and aircraft maintenance environment.
- Lead / support the development of design solutions through the execution of effective engineering plans of work (design, development and verification), including the transition into recurring production.
- Analyse and evaluate battery data as related to cell usage, performance, and life.
- Work with suppliers to analyse cell level performance and degradation over life.
- Develop calibrations for cell-related battery controls; support development of battery management systems.
- Support anomaly investigations and their resolution, in accordance with internal non-conformance control process.
- Provide technical support to supplier activities through their development, verification and production activities (including approving test plans and procedures, review test results, evaluate design changes).
- Support the definition development and evaluation plans for next generation power system solutions for the UAV, including emerging cell technology for application in the wider UAV environment
- Proven experience of developing new product solutions for cutting edge applications.
- Experience in establishing effective test and verification plans, equipment and methods is highly desirable.
- Direct experience with analysing/evaluating battery technology designs and data is desirable. In particular, in the field of advanced Lithium based chemistry batteries.
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g. MATLAB or similar) is desirable.
- Experience of taking solutions through New Product Introduction (NPI) phases with a similar technology would be advantageous.
If you have the skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply on line.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.