MIG TIG Welder Woodbury, Exeter Carbon60 have a new positon available for a number of Welders with MIG and TIG experience to work a...
Our client is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. They are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale.
Outline Job Profile
Perform Orbital Welding on Spacecraft Propulsion pipes.
To work from electronic work instructions and drawings to produce satellite panels and assemblies. To record information within appendices and on electronic production system.
To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project Specific methods and procedures including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
- Orbital Welding - with materials including titanium (1/8" to 3/8") and stainless (1/4 ")
- Ability to work from drawings and electronic work instructions
- Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar
- Fitting, bonding, general assembly
- Experience of working to specific methods and procedures
- Working to procedures with checkpoints
- Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level on gantries
- Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician would be considered
- Experience from F1/ Motorsport and Automotive will be considered
- Previous experience of method and procedures used with Airbus
- NDT experience would be a plus
- Modern apprenticeship
- Shift early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs
- Shift late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
- Some weekend working Saturday or Sunday may be required at peak times.
Previous experience in other industries such as Aerospace mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker, time served mechanical technician
NB: There will be a skills test at interview
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.