Mechanical Design EngineerExcellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work with a fantastic Monmouthshire based global company market leader designing and manufacturing equipment for...
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems. Their activities cover complete civil and military telecommunications and Earth observation systems, science and navigation programmes, together with avionics and a wide range of space equipment and associated ground infrastructure.
They are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on high-value Earth Navigation Space Mission projects within an international company. This is a Contract position for 6 months and will be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
The development of design solutions and repair schemes for non-conformances generated during the design, manufacture and test of spacecraft structures and component parts under tight schedule constraints.
Interfacing with project managers and other technical departments in order to optimise the technical solutions and resources, and to ensure that all project and qualification requirements for those related items and systems are met.
- Presenting and justifying design concessions at internal and external customer reviews.
- Participating in reviews to ensure all applicable non-conformance and occurrence reports have been satisfactorily closed prior to spacecraft delivery to the launch site;
- Assessing and recommending second closure actions relating to non-conformances to help prevent future similar issues.
- Identifying opportunities for involvement in innovation projects, to investigate and develop new design solutions.
- Focusing on 'On Quality, On Cost, On Time' to minimise impact on the projects.
- Attending team meetings to closely follow the project progress and maintain close relations with the project team.
- Supporting the ESM Team Leader with work-package management activities as required.
- Raising significant issues to the project Responsible Engineers as necessary.
- Taking an active role in the identification of improvement and development activities.
At least two years industrial experience within a manufacturing environment or within the Aerospace industry
- General office computer skills including use of spreadsheets essential
- Good team working skills and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels within an organisation essential
- Experience in using Windchill or other PDM system
- A good understanding of manufacturing and quality control processes
- An appreciation of design for manufacture principles
Education & Training
- HNC or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)
- Clean room working occasionally required
- On-call support sometimes required
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
If you have the relevant skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply on-line
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.