Thermal Insulation Engineers required for large industrial site in the West Yorkshire area. You should have previous experience:StrippingApplying in a safe, competent mannerLagging industrial pipework...
Program Quality Engineer
The role is primarily concerned with process assurance on military programs. It also covers design engineering and the commercial software development of radar and charting products. Sound engineering and quality knowledge is implicit.
- Independent oversight of military programs & commercial development projects to ensure requirements are met.
- Author Quality Plans
- Attend and contribute to Project Design Reviews as panel member.
- Review and authorise customer deliverable documents, change requests and test specifications.
- Review and sign off at project stage gates, ensuring compliance.
- Compile Program Specific Procedures (PSPs) as required.
- Conduct program audits; raise and monitor Corrective Actions to close.
- Monitor and audit program suppliers as required to maintain quality integrity.
- Organise and facilitate program Lessons Learned sessions.
- Attend customer meetings in-house and at the customer facility e.g. Quality Reviews, Progress Reviews, Safety and Test Readiness Reviews.
- Monitor Risk Review process, and provide inputs where necessary.
- Concession Management; to customers and from suppliers.
- Inspection of system hardware builds to drawings.
- Raising Defect Reports and facilitating product Non-conformance Reviews.
- Witness integration, test & acceptance activities making sure they are conducted in accordance with documentation and good practice.
- To attend Sea Trials as needed.
- Conduct and report technical investigations of new and existing product issues.
- To take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of other persons around you.
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request.
TECHNICAL/JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience of working on large Government defence and commercial development programs.
- Batchelor's Degree preferred otherwise equivalent e.g. HND; in science, technical, software or engineering subject plus relevant experience.
- Sound knowledge of international and defence engineering and quality standards.
- Sound knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard.
- Qualified Auditor preferred, otherwise relevant experience of internal auditing and supplier assessment.
- Knowledge of modern electronic and mechanical assemblies and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of software development, integration and test life cycle and methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Able to attend Sea Trials.
- Security cleared, or capable of it, UK National with no dual nationality.
- Knowledge of document configuration management processes.
- Knowledge of the marine industry.
- Experience with Radar/electronic charting or other electronic navigational systems.
- A basic level of understanding of functional safety and safety cases to IEC 61508 or similar.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.