Thermal Insulation Engineers required for large industrial site in the West Yorkshire area. You should have previous experience:StrippingApplying in a safe, competent mannerLagging industrial pipework...
Graduate Test & Automation Engineer
A Graduate Test Software Engineer is required to join our team, to develop high-quality test software, scripts and firmware, which are deployed as part of our Manufacturing process. Our products encompass a broad range of ruggedized embedded computing solutions, designed around the latest Intel, Freescale and ARM technology. In this role, you will develop, implement, document, test and deploy automated test solutions that validate the quality of the products we manufacture whilst ensuring our delivery commitments can be achieved.
Working in a dynamic environment where multi-discipline teams are operating in tight collaboration, you will be exposed to all aspects of the design, testing and validation of our products. Continuous Improvement is at the heart of our culture and everyone is encouraged to find new ways of pushing the boundaries and innovate. Working alongside experienced engineers, you will be encouraged and supported to reach your full potential, and have the opportunity to receive world-class training and support. Our graduate scheme supports and incentivises a rapid development of young talent.
- Develop and maintain embedded test software, TestStand sequences, Linux images, firmware and scripts to validate our products during Manufacturing.
- Provide direct support to our Production Department to ensure timely deliveries to our customers.
- Communicate status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion.
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good understanding of C and assembly programming.
- A good understanding of Linux device drivers.
- A good understanding of scripting languages such as Python or bash.
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Awareness of computer architectures and hardware design.
- Knowledge of modern Real-Time Operating Systems
- An understanding of JTAG technologies and boundary scan development for PCB validation.
- An awareness of NI tools LabVIEW and TestStand
- Awareness of Agile / Scrum methodologies
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.