Purchase Ledger Clerk to process invoices from global suppliers assisting team to achieve on time payment of supplier accounts based in West Sussex Due to...
We are looking for a Fulfilment Team Leader to work for this large international company. The fulfilment team are responsible for ensuring that the customers orders are fulfilled. This involves working closely with manufacturing, purchasing, planning and shipping to make sure that goods are manufactured and delivered on time.
The Fulfilment/Shipping Team Leader will be a team player who will work in a matrixed environment striving to ensure customers' needs are met on time. This role will benefit from being exposed to a strong operation environment whilst working towards the commercial goals of the business. The position will be part of a strong team and advantage from working with strategic planning and materials leaders, developing commercial awareness and working to minimise risks and loss prevention for the customer.
- Leads fulfilment of all customer orders for the Site
- Communicates On Time Delivery & Delinquency updates to the business along with improvement plans and actions
- Understands output requirements and liaise with Customer teams to define and implement an efficient and effective way to communicate delivery commitments
- Understands build plan requirements and collaborate with Materials and Operations teams
- Takes pro-active action to solve problems and mitigate risk in not meeting agreed plan before they impact customer deliveries
- Where required, pulls multi-functional teams together to solve issues impacting customer deliveries
- Understands, develops and enhances current processes through the use of digital tools to improve processes to improve delivery performance.
- Is responsible for timely communication and actions in case of challenges having an impact on delivery performance to customers, management and other relevant stakeholders at all times.
- Streamlines shipping and transportation processes.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Professional qualifications in supply chain management (preferable), operations, or engineering, or equivalent
- Proven experience in working in a fast pace environment
- Prior experience of working in a shipping department previously
- Prior experience in a materials planning, fulfilment or sourcing environment
- Working knowledge of how to prepare documentation for the shipment of goods to UK, European and other worldwide destinations
- Supports team by performing clerical duties if required, such as but not limited to:
- Import/export role
- Customs clearance
- Harmonised tariff codes knowledge
- Use of SAP to carry out transactions and schedule deliveries to ship orders
- Manual transactions (occasionally)
- Dealing with couriers and freight forwarders (requests for quotations, bookings, etc.)
- Preparing shipping lists and commercial invoices
- Strong, passionate supporter of customer service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to analyse and solve problems, coordinate and oversee complex activities
- Strong relationship skills and ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
- Proven ability to adapt to / drive change across a team in a dynamic business
- Ability to gain stakeholder buy in and facilitate effective meetings/lead teams to drive process improvements that improve OTD
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Preference for: SAP ERP systems, Customs, Dangerous Goods (IATA, ADR).
More information about this role is available by contacting Carbon60 or applying to this position.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.