Carbon60 are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer who can hit the ground running with the Steam Boilers and can also turn his hand to minor...
A Spacecraft Operations and FDIR (Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery) engineer is required to support the Operations & FDIR team leader to fulfil operations related activities on a major project for our client based in the Stevenage area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the following:
Operations and safety synthesis
- Spacecraft operational constraints identification and analysis
- System FDIR consolidation and fine tuning
- Mission Operations timeline definition
- System TM and TC budgets
Project and customer interface
- Participation in project technical and progress meetings
- Participation to system and equipment reviews
- Provision of inputs to system progress report
System SW definition
- Provision of System Software Specification inputs to SW architect.
- Review of SW architecture, design and test documentation
Spacecraft User Manual (SUM)
- SUM preparation and maintenance
- Definition of nominal and contingency Flight Operational Procedures
- Operations and FDIR validation plan and corresponding test results assessment
- Support customer (Space agency) during System Validation Tests preparation and execution
- Provision of Operations Support during spacecraft AIT/AIV including system test definition and execution
- Supporting the operation centre during LEOP and commissioning phase (including the pre-launch simulation campaigns)
- In-flight performance verification and data analysis
- Previous experience of spacecraft operations preparation activities or spacecraft in flight operations
- Excellence in spoken and written communication
- Familiarity with the ECSS operations related standards, especially the Telemetry and Telecommand Packet Utilisation
- System Architecture
- General Systems IV&V
Education & Training
The successful candidate will have a degree in a related subject such as engineering, physics or mathematics.
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on +44 (0) 2392 705 540. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.