Document Contoller:We are looking for a Document Controller to work in Hilsea, Portsmouth on an initial 6 month contract.Ideally we are looking for a document...
We currently have an opportunity to join our Project Planning and Financial Control (PPFC) team based in New Malden.
As Project Controller reporting to the UK Defence Business Manager you'll be responsible for project planning, and controlling multi-million pound maritime defence programmes. By developing and mobilising a crucial combination of project management, controls, and financial knowledge, Project Controllers are pivotal in both the successful delivery of our projects and programmes, delivering best value for our customers, and also ensuring that the strategy and performance of the business is delivered.
Required skills & experience:
- Demonstrable financial aptitude, comfortable analysing financial information.
- Advanced user of MS Excel, and usual MS Office Suite
- Good communication (both written/verbal) and listening skills; an enthusiasm to volunteer and share opinions and views with internal and external stakeholders, and an ability to persuade others.
- Understanding of fundamental project management / project business context.
- Ability to communicate with a range of external and internal stakeholders, communicating technical project performance information by adapting the message to the audience, guiding business focus and decision making.
- Ability to quickly adapt to using Earned Value tools (MPM), and usual suite of project planning tools (MS Project and/or Primavera)
- Ensure that business processes are adhered to, with an aspiration to continuously improve the status quo.
- Genuine interest in engineering project delivery businesses, and engineering industries.
- To carry out any other reasonable management request
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
Please note for this role all applicants must be eligible for SC security clearance and be a British National (no dual citizenship)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.