Operations Manager for timely and cost effective delivery managing and maintaining integrity, discipline and efficient operation of manufacturing production facility based near Southampton.With a minimum...
Supplier Operations Manager
A position for a Supplier Operations Manager is available for our client based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will report to the Product/Project Supply Manager and will be fully responsible for managing the purchase phase of the supply chain core process and deliver equipment to projects on time. You will also provide support to all aspects of the Supply Chain process for equipment and participate in schedule and cost improvement initiatives.
- OQOT delivery of equipment from suppliers
- Day-to-day management of contract implementation, timely and accurate reporting to PSMs; facilitate appropriate technical interaction between project (MSC/MPC) and supplier
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of supplier leading to effective control of supplier
- Identifying risks and proposing/agreeing mitigating actions
- Completion of annual supplier evaluation
- Local follow-up/support to development plans
Specific Tasks to be undertaken:
- Act as the focal point towards the suppliers
- Manage all aspects of the subcontract execution, in particular is accountable for delivery of equipment and related documentation & services
- Perform the follow-up of the supplier progress and act as the interface between supplier and Project Supply manager all the way to the delivery point of the equipment to Flight stores/AIT.
- Manage the Subcontracts/Requisitions/Purchase Orders/Invoicing using the company IT systems
- Report to PSM programmes/projects on progress, risk, schedule and cost and quality management.
- Liaise with Export Control Department to ensure fulfilment and supplier compliance of export control regulations such as ITAR
- Provide post-delivery support as requested by projects and perform lessons learnt analyses with suppliers to drive continuous improvement objectives.
- HND/Degree in a relevant Engineering subject
- At least three years' experience in a Defence/Aerospace environment with commercial/project/Quality management background
- Advanced level of Microsoft office applications
- Strong drive and self-motivation
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to travel as and when required
- Awareness of appropriate standards for space, ESA, ECSS, DSCC
- Knowledge of Company Quality Systems AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO 14001
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on +44 (0) 2392 705 540. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.