Multi skilled operative required for Government building in Reading. This is a full time position working circa 37 hours a week.The role will involve planned...
Are you looking for a new, varied role where two days are rarely the same?
Then this could be the opportunity for you! We are searching for a mobile multi-skilled engineer (handyperson) to cover multiple sites across the borough of Reading.
Not only will you travel across the borough and surrounding areas as part of your job, you will also get paid door to door hours. This means, in effect - you will be paid from the second you step out of your front door, right up until you arrive back home again - not just from when you turn up and leave the site you we're allocated to! We will also provide you with a company van and all the tools needed to get the job done. Finally we offer very competitive overtime and pension rates.
The purpose of this role is to provide generic building maintenance support across a variety of trades and tasks.
- You will be required to do routine monthly building checks (fire alarms, water temperature, emergency lighting etc.)
- Trades we are looking for basic level building support on: plumbing, painting & decorating, tiling, carpentry, electrical, mechanical etc.
- cleaning / janitorial duties & Porter duties, replenishing consumables
- You will occasionally be required to work out of work hours.
What we are looking for
- Exceptional English & communication skills. You will be representing our client, solely at their sites so this is essential
- Demonstrable skills and experience across multiple trades or previously held a multi-skilled position
- We are not expecting candidates to be a master of every trade, however we do expect you to have a willingness to develop your skills and to undertake further training where needed
- Very health & safety conscious. Any health & safety certificates/qualification would be beneficial
- Based in Wiltshire with a full UK drivers licence
If this permanent position as a mobile handyperson (multi-skilled technician, multi-skilled engineer), based in Wiltshire City is of interest - please click on the button to apply to this advert. I look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch soon with feedback.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.