Our client are looking for a Quality Engineer at their site in South East London. You will be involved in the management and development...
External Quality Engineer
Carbon60 are currently recruiting for an External Quality Engineer to work for an interesting and reputable engineering business based in Gloucestershire.
The External Quality Engineer be involved with the analysis, recording and reporting of in field failures of company products. This will involve understanding the root causes of product failures and diagnosing faults.
Company products will usually be supplied into industrial plant environments across many sectors including, food, beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical, healthcare, water/wastewater, power generation and oil & gas.
- Receive feedback from customers on faulty company supplied products
- Lead warranty investigations and report findings
- Understanding the customer complaint/issue, and work to confirm diagnosis
- Be comfortable with solving engineering problems, and follow each issue through to conclusion
- Review statistical information to identify trends for further investigations and continuous improvement activities
- Use Lean Six Sigma techniques and other similar tools
- HNC/HND/equivalent qualification in engineering or related topic
- Ability to diagnose electronic, electrical and mechanical failures/faults
- Experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, Field Service, or a related role.
- Report writing skills
- Root cause analysis approach to problem solving
- Preferably a basic understanding of metallurgy
- Negotiating and decision making skills
This External Quality Engineer position would be suitable for any candidates who enjoy solving engineering problems to provide a better service for customers. For more information, please contact Ben Hastings at Carbon60. 01329 277 002.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.