Operations Manager for timely and cost effective delivery managing and maintaining integrity, discipline and efficient operation of manufacturing production facility based near Southampton.With a minimum...
We are inviting people to apply for the positon of Production/Manufacturing Manager to join a major manufacturing company based in Enfield. The company are currently looking to recruit this position to lead all operations within production and stores departments.
The company are specialists within bespoke automated packaging equipment and have been established for over 100 years, due to further growth and development the company are looking for someone who is either experienced in leading operation within a busy manufacturing environment or someone who has a strong mechanical engineering background looking to make the next step up in their career.
This position would work closely with the operations manager to ensure all areas of the business are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Produce effective plans for production to ensure efficiency and timely completion of work.
- Attend weekly production meetings with the Operations Manager.
- Day to day supervision of production/manufacturing department.
- Day to day supervision of Stores and warehouse departments.
- Complete Final Inspections of final products as required.
- Resolve any technical or logistic issues as they arise.
- Encourage best working practice across the business.
- Liaise with all subcontractors.
- Organise and maintain equipment as required for demonstrations and exhibitions.
- Organise or provide training for staff members.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Strong Mechanical or Electrical engineering background
- Good working knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing techniques.
- Proven history supervising shop floor staff.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- IT Literate, able to effectively use Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple workloads and prioritize accordingly.
- Abel to understand and troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established company in a lead capacity, to lead teams of experienced engineers and bring ideas to the table to further better the business.
Interviews are being held shortly, apply now or for more information contact the engineering team at Carbon60 Fareham.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.