Stores Operative/Stock Controller Hamble Contract We are actively seeking a number of people to work for a Warehouse and Logistics company based in Hamble on...
A fantastic opportunity has just arisen for a highly skilled, mobile multi-skilled engineer / handyperson. We are looking for somebody who can work flexibly across trades, helping out across as many areas as possible. We're not expecting you to be a master of every trade and training will be provided for areas that are more outside your comfort zone.
The successful candidate will be provided with a van and all necessary tools required to carry out the job. You will also be paid door to door hours and will receive over time at time and a half for any hours worked above 40 in the week. There is also fantastic pension contributions, good holiday and great opportunities to progress through the company.
To provide support across a number of trades, including:
- Regular Building maintenance tests (water temperature, fire alarms)
- Reading utilities meters
- Changing lightbulbs, relamping of defective luminaries
- Painting & decoration
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Some General cleaning / janitorial duties
- Adhoc porterage duties (moving of furniture, office moves etc.)
- The Handyperson will be expected to Participate in a standby rota for emergency calls, outside normal working hours. You will be paid a flat rate for being on the rota and get overtime at time and half for any hours worked.
- To assist with the first line response to reactive repairs in Stoke on Trent
What we are looking for
- Previous experience across multiple trades or in a multi-skilled role / as a handyperson
- Excellent communication & customer service as you will often be representing the client at a site
- Willingness to develop skillset and to undertake further training where needed
- A great understanding of Health & safety requirements and legislation within a building environment
- A good Stoke on Trent based location (or very close by) and a full UK driver's license
If this position as a mobile handyperson, based in Stoke on Trent is of interest - please apply to this advert and we will be in touch with feedback. I look forward to reviewing your CV!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.