Client: Leading UK AirlineLocation: HounslowPosition: Communications ExecutiveDuration: Maternity coverDaily rate: up to £300 per dayOur client is looking for a comms professional to help shape...
Client: Leading UK Airline
Position: Communications Executive
Duration: Maternity cover
Daily rate: up to £300 per day
Our client is looking for a comms professional to help shape and deliver the airline's internal communications channel strategy. You will develop, manage and create content for online, print, digital, and social media/collaboration platforms to inform and engage colleagues.
The role involves sourcing news to convey messages and create discussion points for colleagues to engage with; writing and tailoring messages in columns, monthly messages, blogs for directors and senior leaders; writing interesting, creative and relevant content for company and directorate channels (print, online, digital, video and social media channels), acting as managing editor for local publications and as an expert source of writing, publishing and channel development for the campaigns and account management teams.
- Plan, write and edit communications materials for publications
- Devise and deliver plans for exploitation of online, digital, social channels
- Work with communications account teams and campaigns team to write senior leader messages for companywide and directorates specific channels
- Use their understanding of publishing, design, photography and info-graphics to create engaging local publications
- Align communication in directorate publications to the departmental objectives and translate messages and stories to become relevant to difference audiences
- Develop new tools to improve online communication
- Understand how to use video and digital media, and support content and production
- Develop online presence for directorate publications with extra material and interaction opportunities
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience sourcing and writing news articles, features, interviews, speeches
- Experience of online writing and editing
- Proof-reading, subbing, and editing
- Planning, editing, production of magazines
- Editorial experience
- Knowledge of publishing, intranet
- Understanding and experience of social media/collaboration in a corporate context
- Ability to influence and operate at all levels
Experience (on the job)
- At least three years in a communications department, newspaper, magazine or PR agency
- Proven experience of delivering well written and creative communication material
- Understanding use of photography
- Understanding of internal tools and techniques - story-telling, engaging colleagues
- Experience planning content and publications of publications and online channels
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position, then please apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.