Engine Workshop Technician Basel, SwitzerlandCarbon60 have an exciting new position for an Engine Workshop Technician to work in a permanent position based in Basel, Switzerland.In...
An opportunity for a MGSE Tooling Engineer has arisen for our client based in Stevenage. The successful candidate will be required to convert internal customer requirements into finished ground support equipment and tooling, conforming to company/industry standards and legal regulations
- Definition, design responsibility and supply of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) and tooling to support the manufacture, test , mechanical handling and delivery of satellite/spacecraft structures.
- Provision of estimates and schedules and thereafter the control of the design, structural analysis, supplier selection, manufacturing reviews and acceptance/qualification testing.
- Creation of technical documents to ensure the manufacture, test and safe usage of equipment.
- To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a small team
- Responsible for the delivery of equipment to internal customers to meet Quality, Cost & Schedule needs.
- Proven relevant experience in a Manufacturing based design engineering role.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment and/or Precision Tooling manufacture and supply.
- Experience of PDM systems, i.e. Windchill
- Experienced in dealing with both customers and suppliers
- Ideally experience gained within the Space/ Aerospace industry however other Manufacturing Sector or General Mechanical / Project Engineering backgrounds can be considered.
Education & Training
Degree/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline or sufficient relevant experience
- Occasional clean room working
- Occasional early or later start/finish
- Some UK travel to other Airbus or customer sites
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on +44 (0) 2392 705 540. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.