Our client are a leading developer of integrated bridge management systems for marine vessels. They are looking to recruit to build their team of verification and validation engineers to ensure these systems are fully verified and validated by the V&V team in order meet the requirements to the Customers satisfaction.
The V&V engineer will also be expected to conduct various V&V activities as required:
- Specify, run and report V&V activities for control systems (including Software functionality, Hardware and Environmental Qualification as required).
- Co-ordinate V&V activities with the team
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Technical liaison with customers and suppliers as required.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Liaison with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- The activities are to be conducted to meet time and quality targets as defined by the V&V Team Lead and Project Delivery Managers.
- The candidate will gain knowledge of the platform operation and environment whilst practicing standard software, hardware, Qualification V&V lifecycle activities.
- Degree or equivalent experience in software based integrated systems engineering, Control Systems engineering & Systems engineering lifecycle.
- Team lead/task co-ordination experience
- Reporting test metrics, including test management tool experience
- Software testing experience of complex PLC based systems
- Fault diagnostic skills including fault identification and reporting
- Experience in planning, conducting and reporting Hardware Environmental & EMC Qualification activities
- Experience of Verification & Validation activities within a Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Technical report writing skills to produce documentation to a high standard
- Self-starter, to assign and execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Proficient user of MS office applications, Word, Excel etc.
- Experience in defining test requirements and test equipment
- Test Automation experience
- Ships machinery Control & Platform Management Systems experience
- Commercial or Military Marine engineering experience
- Siemens - Step 7, S7-300 & S7-400 experience
- PLC Code Development
- HMI/SCADA software development and Human Factors engineering
- Software Configuration control
- Understanding of PC Hardware and PLC Hardware, Ethernet networks
- Understanding of Functional Safety with respect to IEC 61508 - SIL
- Presentation skills
- Experience using DOORs application
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.