Senior Principal Hardware Design Engineer It is expected that the person will be a highly experienced design engineer, able to take the lead and work...
I am working with a company that develops systems and product for marine vessels. They are looking for Test Engineers to join the team that develops systems for submarines. They are considering people that have experience of software testing of complex systems/application - software test scripting experience is a must.
Due to the nature of the work the company does they are only able to accept applications fron individuals who are able to obtain UK Eyes Only security clearance.
Working with internal and external contacts you'll:
- Specify, run and report V&V activities for control systems (including Hardware Qualification and Software functionality)
- Produce V&V documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures
- Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- Travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required
- Carry out any other reasonable management request
Required skills & Experience:
- Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic engineering or a related discipline e.g. control engineering, systems engineering
- Work within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Software testing of complex PLC based systems
- Fault diagnostics
- Planning & conducting hardware qualification tests
- Experience of Verification & Validation activities within Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Technical documentation, produced a high standard
- Test specification development
- Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Ship's Machinery Control & Platform Management Systems experience
- Commercial or Military Marine Engineering
- Siemens - Step 7, S7-300 & 400
- PLC Code Development
- HMI /SCADA Software Development and Human Factors Engineering
- Software Configuration Control
- Understanding of PC Hardware and PLC Hardware, Ethernet Networks
- Conducting and reporting Factory Acceptance Testing
- Understanding of Functional Safety (IEC 61508 - SIL)
- Presentation Skills
- MS Access, Excel, Word, Visio
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.