Post Design Support ManagerSet just off the motorway, it's extremely easy to get there and you won't get caught in any town traffic getting there!...
Post Design Support Manager
Set just off the motorway, it's extremely easy to get there and you won't get caught in any town traffic getting there! Globally recognised company within the aviation industry. The company manufacture motion control sensors, electro-mechanical components and more.
The role as a Post Design Support Manager will be responsible for the quality and configuration of the design data for the Motion Control Business Unit (BU), working in parallel with the Drawing Office Manager in Thermal Systems BU for any shared data or transfer of data from Development to Production.
37.5 hour working week
- Manage design data and configuration of all AAG designs for the Motion Control BU, including change notes using tools such as PDM/PLM.
- Manage the Engineering Change Note process and "Champion" the reduction of the open change notes by introducing a suitable metric and achieving a gradually reducing trend over a period to be defined.
- Manage the creation of parts lists and creation of BoMs onto the AAG business management systems (eg Pro III, AS400, Navision etc).
- Support the production organisation, by addressing legacy design issues, permits and concessions, along with problem investigation and rectification.
- Personal Specification
- In depth familiarity with Industry Drafting Standards (BS8888 etc)
- Experience of resource management (both human and CAD tools)
- High-end CAD tool experience, such as Inventor, SolidWorks, Solid-Edge etc
- Experience with 2D CAD tools such as AutoCAD, etc.
- PDM/PLM administration knowledge.
- Navision, Pro III and AS400 knowledge
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Onsite Parking
For the Opportunity to apply for this role and further information, please contact Liam Fraser at or by telephone, 01329 227 016.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.