ILS / TLM Engineer The ILS / TLM Engineer reports into the Head of Engineering through the ILS / TLM Manager and their...
ILS / TLM Engineer
The ILS / TLM Engineer reports into the Head of Engineering through the ILS / TLM Manager and their primary role is to support projects, opportunities and activities associated with the Naval Service and Support (NSS) & Naval Systems (NS) business streams.
Applicants should have an understanding of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) / Through Life Management (TLM) discipline and be looking to build upon their experience and skill set while working with new technology on exciting high profile contracts.
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Developing ILS skills (Producing technical specifications and reports, management of reliability, availability and spares analysis and tools including Defect Reporting Analysis Corrective Action (DRACAS) etc.
- Providing ILS / TLM support to the Projects in production.
- ILS / TLM support to In-Service projects currently managed by the NSS Team
- Providing ILS / TLM support to Bid proposal generation
- Support to contracts managed by the Naval Support & other MSUK business streams as necessary.
- To provide professional focus / input for all aspects of support engineering including Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA), Availability Reliability & Maintainability (AR&M), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), Failure Mode Effect Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Life Cycle Costing (LCC) within the Marine Integrated Platform Management Systems (IPMS) domain.
- To provide ILS/ TLS professional advice to the MSUK Business as required by management.
- To provide ILS/TLS professional advice & support to the Marine Service Support Programme (MSSP).
- Support customer, both internal and external enquiries as directed by the Head of Engineering and ILS /TLM Manager
- Develop, validate, maintain and delivery ILS / TLM solutions, procedures and processes.
- Assist MSUK Bid Managers during the bid phase to develop customer focused solutions.
- Conduct Post Design Service (PDS) tasking to resolve customer funded issues.
- Ensure lessons learnt are applied to future business and procedures.
- Identification of obsolete components and potential mitigation actions (including potential counterfeit parts).
- Assist in the use of AR&M tools within the company, including DRACAS, FMECA & RCM
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Confident communicator
- Customer focused
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the following Ms Office Tools - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio and Outlook.
- Some experience in an ILS / TLM or Support Engineering role
- Post requires candidate to hold or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD SC Clearance
To be developed in role
- Knowledge of Platform Management Systems
- Knowledge of RN Naval processes and procedures
- Understanding of the relevant Defence and Industrial Standards
- Experience in developing and maintaining Life Cycle Cost models.
- Experience with AR&M with particular emphasis on FMECA, MTA and LORA.
- Experience with the use of DRACAS or similar tools
- Knowledge of the MoD Bid process and working in Bid teams
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skill set with a market leading company in the maritime defence sector. They offer a fantastic package to join their business. Please contact Faye Jackson on 01329 227015 or 07867 143608 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.