Airframe Fitters Dukinfield, Manchester Carbon60 have a new requirement for a number of Airframe fitters with experience in sub-assemblies and bench work to work a...
Skilled Aircraft Mechanical Fitter Oxford
Carbon60 are looking for a number of Skilled Aircraft Mechanical Fitters to work a 12 month contract position in Carterton, Oxford.
As a Skilled Aircraft Mechanical Fitter, you will be working in the engine bay undertaking scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on TP400 engines. This will include stripping, dressing, modifications and repairs as well as other duties including storage of equipment and components and supporting improvement and expansion of the business.
- The candidate will have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship and have a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- The candidate must have a good level of education and the ability to speak and write technical English to a high standard.
- The candidate must be able to attain UK Security Clearance.
- The candidate should ideally have knowledge of the A400M aircraft, particularly its Power Plant and/or Role Equipment.
- The candidate should have experience of working closely with the UK MoD Customer on-site.
- The candidate should have experience in Continuous Improvement.
- The candidate should be flexible to be employed within a Workshop or Hangar environment with the possibility of Line Maintenance as required.
- The candidate should have the desire to develop into a Certifying Engineer.
Summary of contract:
- Start: ASAP
- Length: 12 month contract (Possibility of extension)
- Rate: £17 p/h ltd (Paid into UK limited company or PSL Umbrella Company)
- Location: Carterton, Oxford
- Shift: Monday-Friday. 08:00-16:30
- Hours: 40 hour working week
The successful candidate must attain UK security clearance prior to commencement of contract. Limited company contractors must hold company insurances prior to start.
To apply for this contract, you must be able to provide;
- Up-to-date CV
- Passport/Proof of right to work in the UK
- Apprenticeship certificate
For more information regarding the Skilled Aircraft Mechanical Fitter role, please call Carbon60 Exeter on 01392 420613 or apply via website.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.