Satellite AIT Shift Lead Are you a "Satellite Engineer Shift Lead' looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire?If so we have a full-time, 6-month...
AIT Mechanical Satellite Engineer
Are you a 'Mechanical Satellite Engineer' looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire?
If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems that may be of interest to you.
The role and requirements
As an AIT Mechanical Satellite Engineer you'll be required to provide Assembly Integration and test (AIT) mechanical engineering support based on robust processes, activity control sheets (ACSs) and procedures, for the assembly and integration of earth, navigation and scientific spacecraft. Supporting spacecraft environmental testing including thermal, vibration, payload deployment, and shock testing. Leading the design, manufacture and procurement of MGSE for use during spacecraft AIT.
- Support in the creation of documentation required for the production phases, including ACS inputs, work instructions, and procedures
- Oversee and support integration activities on the spacecraft
- Writing spacecraft build & test documentation and leading its acceptance until completion of successful integration readiness review.
- Design of tooling (MGSE) / build aids for assembly execution
- Produce new processes, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- Good understanding and experience of mechanical systems.
- Spacecraft AIT and Nitrogen purge systems.
- Environmental testing (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal)
- Mechanical integration of mechanisms, black boxes, antennas, solar arrays, mechanical sub-systems, instruments, and payloads.
- Understanding of configuration control and 'as design as built' status.
- Knowledge and experience in the production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
- Procedures and process control.
- Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
- ISO 8 Clean room practices.
- Previous experience of spacecraft AIT is a distinct advantage.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of HNC level in a Mechanical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
Please be aware there will be a skills test at the interview stage and you will be subject to security vetting in order to undertake work in accordance with business needs.
If you are interested in the role and match the required skills and qualifications, apply today by contacting
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.