Cost CodeActiveDate EffectiveComments1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Search (At least...
I'm looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join my Retail client in Bracknell for a 6 month contract. The ideal candidate will have experience in working on EPOS in supermarkets.
- To de-risk high profile / potentially high risk projects, by developing workable ideas that result in more efficient, cheaper and easier to implement solutions, and that will enable project teams to deliver their tasks on-time and within budget.
- To troubleshoot and investigate issues consistent with the above, as well as providing input to overall project shaping
- Data / integration expertise supporting specific and diverse projects (more on this below)
- Be the primary source of information and truth for the product and leverage this expertise to provide insight and clarity
- Liaise with architects and provide input into functional and non-functional requirements. Provide feedback to architecture team and ensure there are no issues with the the proposed solution based on the actual data and that the proposed solution is easily supportable.
- Answer queries from Business, provide data insight, knowledge on what data is collected and where and how the data inter-relates to each other (data deep-dive)
- Definition of interface changes between systems/components and defining technical and user stories to support new functionality or changes to existing, this often involves close collaboration with architects, developers, operations and business teams
- Ensure integration documentation set is updated with new designs / changes and with appropriate revision marks for any changes between releases, aiding handover to Operations Team, shortening "As Is" analysis for future projects as well as allowing for a quick back-out plan should a new implementation go wrong
- The consultancy aspect of the role: answering questions and supporting other projects on ad-hoc basis pointing them in the right direction or advising them on what may break if a certain approach is taken (or not taken)
- Integration functional designs
- Data analysis and data mapping
- Knowledge of XML, REST, SOAP, MQ
- Proficiency in SQL query writing
- Exposure to Mainframe DB2
- Exposure to Vitria BusinessWare
- Strong understanding of transactional front-end systems
- EPOS aimed at supermarket, preferably PCMS VBS
- Integration to eCommerce
- Fraud / Loss Prevention
- Offers / Promotions / Reductions
- Loyalty schemes
- Staff discount
- Minimum Unit Pricing for Alcohol
- Digital payments (EFT)
- Eat-In / Take Away & VAT
- Gift Card
- Returns and Goodwill
If you feel you're a suitable fit for this one this please apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.