Are you a 'Materials Laboratory Engineer' looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire?If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a...
Are you a 'Materials Laboratory Engineer' looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire?
If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems that may be of interest to you.
The role and requirements
As a Materials Laboratory Engineer you will join the cleanliness and contamination team within the Materials Laboratory and support other Materials Laboratory tasks - mainly chemical analysis.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on testing of materials used in the manufacture of space products.
- Collecting and analysing cleanliness and contamination samples.
- Using and maintaining a wide range of test equipment.
- Support the continuous maintenance and review of Material Laboratory Procedures (MLPs) and laboratory working processes
- Participate in Material Laboratory Audits, Safety Reviews and daily team meetings
- Experience working within a commercial / Industrial laboratory environment
- Experience of working in cleanroom or cleanliness controlled environment.
- Practical experience of chemical testing, with a particular emphasis on industrial chemistry.
- Experience using an FTIR.
- Experience of fibre volume testing, ICP, Thermal analysis (DSC & DMA), Titrations would be desirable.
- Demonstrable team working skills, communication and presentation capability.
- PC literate, report and specification writing, database maintenance and spreadsheets
- Fluent in written and spoken communication
Education & Training
- Degree in a Chemistry, Materials Science or similar.
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on +44 (0) 2392 705 540. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.