Junior Project Manager / PMO Aerospace13 Month contract (extensions likely)35 hours per weekFilton Bristol Our client, a major and internationally operating Aerospace and Defence company...
Junior Project Manager / PMO - Aerospace
13 Month contract (extensions likely)
35 hours per week
Filton - Bristol
Our client, a major and internationally operating Aerospace and Defence company are currently looking for an experienced PMO or Junior Project Manager to join their Filton site.
The project team is multi-functional and trans-national, and is split into a number of Work Packages and Sub-Work Packages. In general, the Engineering functions lead the product development, the Manufacturing functions lead the Plant implementation, and the Procurement functions lead the supply chain implementation, with overall lead from the Programme function (BS).
While the Project Leader is fully accountable for the project deliverables, the job holder - on the grounds of both their project management expertise, as well as their technical know-how related to the team's deliverables provides the following:
- Leading of performance management activities for the Single-Aisle DDMS 3D E2E project, Work Package in UK.
- Lead the preparation of the yearly AOP cycle and financial forecast preparations.
- Ensuring the DDMS 3D E2E planning integration and prioritization between all levels of the organisation and between different stakeholders. Ensuring the application of the same rules in the different DDMS 3D E2E sub-projects in order to guarantee a consistent way of working.
- Definition and deployment of a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and strategic evaluation criteria.
- Steering of performance management activities by clear priorities, with permanent assessment of risks, and analysis of performance data.
- Definition and deployment of the communication plan by using the HUB, the slide library and DCR (Digital Control Room).
- Establishment of an efficient governance for regular progress analysis and monitoring.
- Weekly analysis of DDMS 3D E2E project and planning status and proposition of recovery and corrective actions to the Single-Aisle management team.
- Ensure an efficient follow-up of actions and highlight any deviation.
- Lead the communication of the outcome of the operational and strategic meetings to relevant stakeholders, action owners and to the PMBP network.
Describe the key deliverables, in no more than three short paragraphs, showing the value creation and impact of this position in the organisation
- Use of UP3P and other standard toolsets
- Live, accurate and fully transparent schedule plans and Earned Value Management
- Business management recommendations - based on Project Management methodologies as well as technical know-how - for preventative and corrective actions in case of deviations from project baseline (Time, Cost and Quality)
- Risk identification and appropriate mitigation in the format of a risk register and Active Risk Manager (ARM)
- Generation of transparent and accurate project status reports
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.