An opportunity has arisen with one of the world's leading Aerospace companies based in Farnborough, Hampshire initially on a 6 month contract. The role of...
An opportunity has arisen with one of the world's leading Aerospace companies based in Farnborough, Hampshire initially on a 6 month contract. The role of Flight Crew will be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of the global RPAS operations.
The role of Flight Crew covers one of two roles: Pilot or Mission Planner. Training is common to both roles but eventual appointment and progression will depend upon qualifications, experience and demonstrated skills.
The Airbus Zephyr is a record breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere over many weeks. Zephyr has held the world record for the longest unrefuelled aeroplane flight since 2010 and after continuous development, the system is now poised to surpass this record and demonstrate its full potential.
To achieve this, Airbus will conduct a prolonged Zephyr flight campaign in 2019 and we require people with relevant technical and aviation experience to operate the system as part of a multi-person crew. Beginning in early February 2019, you will undergo 7 weeks of specialist training at our UK facility in Farnborough before deploying on a rotational basis to overseas locations. Follow-on opportunities are expected throughout 2019 and beyond.
Description of the Job:
You will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of Zephyr flight operations in one of two roles: Pilot or Mission Planner.
The roles will encompass the following tasks:
- Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
- System management and aircraft navigation from a ground control station
- Working with external stakeholders including; payload operators, air traffic control authorities and customers
- General flight operations and support tasks
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You must have relevant technical, aviation and flying experience.
- You must have excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills to be able to work with stakeholders at all levels, both military and civilian.
- You must have experience of successful task delivery within a small-team environment with a demonstrable ability to make and implement complex risk-based decisions under pressure.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Valid pilot's licence, ideally with multi-crew experience. Instructor and instrument ratings would be advantageous. Comparable military qualifications are equally welcome.
- Relevant technical qualification, preferably to degree level.
- A good understanding of the technical, operational and environmental factors affecting Zephyr.
- Operating experience with large RPAS, preferably including beyond line-of-sight flying.
- Current or previous UK SC security clearance.
If you have the skills and experience to be considered for this position, please apply on-line.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.