Senior Software Engineer Are you a 'Software Engineer' looking for exciting new opportunities in Newport, south Wales? If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract...
Senior Software Engineer
Are you a 'Software Engineer' looking for exciting new opportunities in Newport, south Wales?
If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a world leader in secure information services and cyber solutions that may be of interest to you.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Cointegration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates.
Definition of the job
- All software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with business standards, all supporting documents are produced in accordance with business standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated software development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Increasing product security through the implementation of security features with the aim of achieving CPA
- Implementing MANET and traffic control based features to support customer demonstrations and key strategic campaigns
- Porting the code on to COTS platforms, including governance, to support customer systems and sales.
- Embedded software Engineer
- Linux Software development
- Strong knowledge of networking standards
- Understanding of IP networking, IPSec, and next-gen management protocols are advantageous.
- Software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment.
- Familiar with process driven software development
- Full project lifecycle
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Highly self-motivated, articulate and good written and verbal comms skills.
- Good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation.
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on +44 (0) 2392 705 540. Please note: Current SC would be ideal, however we will consider candidates that are happy to go through SC clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.