Position: Test EngineerClient: Leading Defence and Aerospace CompanyLocation: StevenageDuration: 6 month contractI'm looking for an experienced Test Engineer with a familiarity in Satellite Propulsion. You...
Position: Test Engineer
Client: Leading Defence and Aerospace Company
Duration: 6 month contract
I'm looking for an experienced Test Engineer with a familiarity in Satellite Propulsion. You will be responsible for performing tests and launce site services on:
- Spacecraft propulsion components.
- Satellite propulsion ground support equipment.
- Full satellite propulsion systems for multiple projects including Telecomms and ENS projects using high pressure gases.
- Launch site services including the use of hazardous chemicals.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Satellite Propulsion Systems and components and of the associated AIT processes.
- Both CPS and PPS test and system knowledge is essential.
- Relevant experience of Satellite Propulsion Test and Launch Operations is essential.
- Previous experience of operating high pressure inert gas systems is essential.
- Engineering based HNC/HND or equivalent plus relevant satellite/space experience.
- A good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems, and some basic electrical engineering skills.
- 2-3 years relevant experience of Assembly, Integration and Test.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate strong team player characteristics
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and committed individual with demonstrated experience of working under pressure to tight schedules.
As well as the above, candidates need to be
- Able to use breathing apparatus
- Experienced in the use of hand tool
- PC literate (MS Office and other popular PC based software)
- Prepared to work overtime and support shift work when required
If you feel you are a suitable fit for this position then please apply below!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.