Satellite AIT Shift Lead StevenageDate Required: January 2019Clearance Level Required: BPSSContract Duration: 6 months Basic Hours: 37 The job holder will be required to...
Satellite AIT Shift Lead
Date Required: January 2019
Clearance Level Required: BPSS
Contract Duration: 6 months
Basic Hours: 37
The job holder will be required to work overtime and shift patterns which include weekends. There is a shift uplift for this.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
Applications are via: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record at a fee of £25 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process. The cost of the application is only redeemable from the client once the contractor has started via the expense process
Our client, a major Aerospace and Defence company are currently looking for an experienced Shift leader / manager to join their mission critical, Assembly Integration and Test team based at their Stevenage site. The Job holder will be expected to take care of their staff, manage shift patterns, ensure appropriate tooling, documentation and any items related to work are available for the shift team and to ensure best practise and continuous improvement throughout the team.
Acts as 'Shift lead' to support projects in both mechanical and electrical disciplines, responsible for the day-to-day planning of the Assembly Integration and Test shift team.
- Drive and continuously monitor the Assembly Production Schedule supporting the 'GO' meetings and agreeing tasks between the relevant leads
- Ensure that all information (e.g. drawings), materials and labour are available for the planned tasks
- Agree schedule with PFM Lead and AIT Manager
- Communication of day-to-day AIT activities with Electrical and Mechanical Lead Engineers
- Ensure that the shift team are adhering to the department processes (ACS's, Logs, using validated equipment etc)
- Ensuring that all H & S issues are taken into account
- Monitor skills matrix as appropriate
- Liaise with major SUB CO's when they are onsite supporting AIT work
- Support NCR reviews
- Monitor progress on ACS's, Procedures, NCR investigations, rework etc.
- Interface with the facility manager, to have an awareness of all activities ongoing in the BCF
- Ensure that the Open Item Register is kept up-to-date and that the work is implemented as soon as possible
- Perform an active role in "lessons learned" to improve processes
- Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering
- Good understanding and detailed experience of all types of mechanical and electrical systems. Including but not limited to:
- Production planning and MRP systems such as SAP
- Mechanical / electrical processes including detailed assembly, wiring and fitting
- Mechanical handling of equipment / Satellites
- Interfacing with project, customers and suppliers in an assertive but diplomatic manner
- Good time management
- Practical and proactive with a quality driven approach with high attention to detail
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi discipline basis
- Good planning skills and process competence (SAP/BOM system experience an advantage)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awareness of 'cleanroom' disciplines
- Experience in working in a biologically controlled clean cleanroom and planetary protection an advantage, but not essential
- High mechanical / electrical skills and relevant experience
- Previous experience of leadership and spacecraft builds is a distinct advantage
- Proven interpersonal skills in managing a small team
- Understanding of electrical tests and health checks
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process
- Work overtime and shifts which cover weekends
Required qualification level:
Degree level in a Mechanical / Electrical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
Working environment / industry:
Office and cleanroom environment (including Bio-controlled facility) / Space, Aerospace.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.