Job title: Quality Assurance Engineer AIT ProjectLocation: Stevenage Security Clearance Required: BPSSContract Duration: 6 Months initial extensions likelyBasic Hours: 37 Please be aware that...
Job title: Quality Assurance Engineer - AIT Project
Security Clearance Required: BPSS
Contract Duration: 6 Months initial - extensions likely
Basic Hours: 37
Please be aware that this role may require travel abroad.
Please also be aware that this role will require Adhoc (but regular) shift and overtime work.
Both of which will incur shift/overtime uplifts.
Our client, a major Aerospace & Defence company are currently hiring for an experienced Quality assurance engineer to join an exciting and mission critical project team based in Stevenage.
This team works on some of the world's most interesting space programs and therefore requires the highest level of care
- NCR Management - Manage NCRs within the defined scope for AIT projects.
- Collate AIT build reconciliations and open points (e.g. open work orders), at project level
- Chair AIT gate reviews (MRR, IRR).
- Ensure open actions from KIPs and MIPs are managed and tracked during all AIT phases.
- Manage 2nd closures
- Carry out audits
- Support deployment of OES improvement projects.
- Chair post-test reviews for functional verification activities.
- Post delivery: Manage definition and closure of open items.
- Co-ordinate FMEA reviews to proactively define and manage AIT risk.
- Review key manufacturing documentation for technical and quality integrity.
- CofC Signatory Authority for kits.
- Continual assessment of technician training in line with skills matrix
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship and/or equivalent academic qualification with at least 2 years AIT, Quality or Manufacturing Engineering experience within the Aerospace or Military industry,
- At least 2 years within AIT Quality Assurance Role or product assurance role,
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes,
- Analytical skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigation,
- Teamwork and leadership attributes with excellent written and oral communication and persuasion skills,
- The ability to communicate at all levels and across a variety of different nationalities.Essential Skills:
- Knowledge of Space Quality standards or if not, vast knowledge of high level Aerospace standards
- Facilitation skills,
- Understand and embrace quality improvement initiatives,
- Reporting skills,
- User and promoter of quality tools and methods, particularly problem solving, risk management, statistical process control, metrics,
- Organised, practical and logical in work approach,
- Knowledge of Space Quality standards,
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and Europe when required,
- Willingness to work on shift, on-call or off-site for short periods when required.
- Lean, continuous improvement qualifications, Green or Black belt would be desirable There will be a six to eight months project phase in Turin
- This role will include extra work at weekends on an ad hoc but regular basis and candidates must be available for that
Weekend Work & Travel:
- Degree/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline.
- Preferably accredited course in quality assurance or related disciplines. (e.g. IQA / IET / IMechE)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.