Satellite AIT Shift Lead Are you a "Satellite Engineer Shift Lead' looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire?If so we have a full-time, 6-month...
Satellite AIT Shift Lead
Are you a "Satellite Engineer Shift Lead' looking for exciting new opportunities in Stevenage, Hertfordshire?
If so we have a full-time, 6-month contract role available with a world leader in the design and manufacture of satellite systems that may be of interest to you. The ideal candidate will act as 'Shift lead' to support projects in both mechanical and electrical disciplines, responsible for the day-to-day planning of the Assembly Integration and Test shift team.
- Drive and continuously monitor the Assembly Production Schedule supporting the 'GO' meetings and agreeing tasks between the relevant leads
- Ensure that all information (e.g. drawings), materials and labour are available for the planned tasks
- Communication of day-to-day AIT activities with Electrical and Mechanical Lead Engineers
- Ensure that the shift team are adhering to the department processes (ACS's, Logs, using validated equipment etc.)
- Ensuring that all H & S issues are taken into account
- Monitor progress on ACS's, Procedures, NCR investigations, rework etc.
- Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering
- Good understanding and detailed experience of all types of mechanical and electrical systems. Including but not limited to:
- Production planning and MRP systems such as SAP
- Spacecraft AIT
- Mechanical / electrical processes including detailed assembly, wiring and fitting
- Mechanical handling of equipment / Satellites
- Interfacing with project, customers and suppliers in an assertive but diplomatic manner
- Practical and proactive with a quality driven approach with high attention to detail
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi discipline basis
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Office and cleanroom environment (including Bio-controlled facility) / Space, Aerospace.
- Experience in working in a biologically controlled clean cleanroom and planetary protection an advantage, but not essential
- High mechanical / electrical skills and relevant experience
- Previous experience of leadership and spacecraft builds is a distinct advantage
- Understanding of electrical tests and health checks
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process
- Work overtime and shifts which cover weekends
Required Qualification Level
Degree level in a Mechanical / Electrical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on +44 (0) 2392 705 540. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.