Health and Safety OfficerEbbw Vale£competitiveAn established, worldwide supplier to the Automotive sector who have developed a reputation for supplying technologically advanced products are currently seeking...
I am looking to place a Group Health and Safety Manager with a Government Agency. This is a national role that will require extensive travel throughout the UK.
You will be required to work with various business leaders to ensure that the delivery of a high quality and highly performing health and safety service to the business, including
- Be accountable for delivery and governance of the 5 Year Health and Safety Plan across the business, providing interpretation and support as appropriate
- Embed safety as the first imperative across all areas of your responsibility and recognise the behaviours that enable the culture change required to achieve the Plan and deliver the objectives of the organisation.
- Translating the business strategy into the Health and Safety plan to ensure that objectives are represented
- Develop and lead health and safety plans and programmes to engage managers
- Develop and lead a team to deliver high quality health and safety service
- Monitor health and safety performance to help shape future activity
- Manage a team of Health and Safety Managers and the associated budget
You should have
- A Degree of NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety
- Be a Member of a recognised professional body
- In depth knowledge of the health and safety in relation to a client, infrastructure asset and employer context
- Knowledge of the design, construct, operate and maintain lifecycle in a highways or civils infrastructure environment
- Proven experience aligning health and safety strategy and services with business strategy and needs, preferably working for a major infrastructure asset owner or developer.
- Demonstrable experience of working at a senior management level and directing health and safety teams.
In additional to a market leading salary, you can expect the following benefits:-
- 26 days Annual Leave per year increasing by 1 day/year to maximum of 31
- Pension total 15% (5% employee contribution + 10% contribution)
- Flexible working - 37 hours week (7.5 hours/day)
- Performance Related Pay Bonus of up to 10% based on personal and Company performance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to shopping vouchers/discounts
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.