Lead Software Engineer Pressure Engineering Leicester, LE6 0FHWe are recruiting a Lead Software Engineer Pressure Engineering to join our Engineering Team, supporting projects in industries...
To provide leadership for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products based on robust inputs, processes and procedures, for implementation into production.
As the project focal point, the Lead Engineer defines the production schedule, identifies opportunities from manufacturing experience and sets out daily priorities for the operations teams.
A dynamic and essential role that deals with daily challenges, changing priorities and resolving blocking actions to ensure schedule adherence, yet, maintaining quality and costs.
General Responsibilities -
- Lead/co-ordinate a team of engineers and technicians offering technical advice and guidance with respect to the product flow
- Liaise with management over manpower and budgets as necessary
- Drive the ideal that AIT Engineering are the technical authority internally and externally for manufacture
- To flow new initiatives and ideas to those within the process teams and ensure subsequent feedback to process owners
- To provide regular feedback to management on current progress, workings and issues on behalf of their team
- Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the aerospace industry
- Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live or other ERP System
- Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
- Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
- Managing a multi-disciplined team during investigations and initiatives
- Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
- Time served engineering apprenticeship or equivalent qualifications
- A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies
- Clean room experience
- Mechanical & Electrical design / validation / experience
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.