Senior Software Engineer Pressure Engineer Leicester LE6 0FHWe have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client's 100 strong Engineering Team,...
Senior Software Engineer - Pressure Engineer Leicester LE6 0FH
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client's 100 strong Engineering Team, supporting projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, hydrology and oil & gas. You'll be working in a dynamic, goal-oriented environment, working with the newest and most innovative technologies in the energy industry.
The Senior Software Engineer will be able to demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. They will utilise their experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical leadership of small/medium sized teams of software engineers
- Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction activity, performance improvements, cost reductions and problem resolutions
- Serve as a recognized leader in defining the state of the art in own technical specialty to anticipate, develop and apply technology to current and future business opportunities
- Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field or during the manufacturing processes
- Make recommendations after analysis of the data using quality tools
- Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans
- Experience of implementing embedded firmware with an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS)
- Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#)
- Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
- Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
- Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions
If you value varied team work and enjoy being challenged in technical problem solving, we want to hear from you! We are offering an attractive salary & benefits package and development opportunities.
To apply for this position please click the apply button or to hear more about this role, please call Kiran on 01296 311461.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.