We are looking for someone to work as a Buyer for this large engineering business. The buyer should have experience in a similar function within a manufacturing or production business. This is a permanent opportunity with a forward thinking Company - a competitive salary is on offer alongside a comprehensive benefits package, including a half-day every Friday.
The Buyer will be responsible for a comprehensive product portfolio, ensuring that products are manufactured & purchased in accordance with the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Create and execute procurement plans ensuring all parts are delivered to specification at negotiated price to allow on time release of the Master Production Schedule. This will include determining economic order quantities (EOQ), preparing Requests for Quote (RFQ), performing cost and price analyses, vendor selection, placing purchase orders (PO), monitoring delivery status and expediting when necessary.
- Manage inventory for assigned parts portfolio, aligning material input to support customer requirements while financial inventory objectives are accomplished (safety stock calculation / Make vs. Buy / Slow Moving Inventory (SMI) / MOQs).
- Maintain Materials, Routing, PIR and bill of material (BOM) master records to support product build and purchasing of parts.
- Analyse data and collaborate in the determination and the subsequent application of appropriate order, inventory, and replenishment policies.
- Work with the Master Scheduler to develop and execute the Master Production Schedule in a timely manner to meet customer demand and delivery goals.
- Leads the production planning process for assigned products, communicating with production and all other functions to ensure plans meet all customer commitments.
- Expedite production or purchase orders that are needed in less than the normal lead time to improve the shortfall between the current plan and requirements to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identify root cause of shortage and monitor implementation of related corrective action plans.
- Facilitate Engineering change requests (ECR) implementation and items non-conformance resolution. (Stock at vendor, Open PO, Raw Material, WIP and Finished Goods).
- Write, manage, and update the production control data and working rules and drive cost and cycle time reduction with supplier base using continuous improvement methods such as Six Sigma methodology.
- Pursue continuous improvement for quality and cost reductions in designated area including improving first time yield and reduced inventory levels.
- Promote customer satisfaction and develop positive customer relationships.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering during NPI process to ensure smooth integration of products from design into production and that TG5 and TG6 milestones are met in time.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or significant work experience in manufacturing planning or project management or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Intermediate experience manipulating spreadsheet data using filters, functions (VLOOKUP, Pivot, etc.) and worksheet formulas (Excel preferred).
- Ability to read and understand a Bill of Materials.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and other design details required to accurately procure materials.
- Familiarity or experience with the Planning and/or Purchasing function in an ERP/MRP system.
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certified.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Degree in engineering or business preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Charter Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), CIPS diploma, Advanced Diploma, Professional Diploma or MCIPS certified (or equivalent international purchasing qualifications).
- Experience working with or developing demand forecasts, production schedules, capacity plans and safety stock analysis.
- Experience with SAP in a materials management capacity (planning, purchasing, inventory control).
- Experience preparing requests for quotes, soliciting bids and placing purchase orders for materials.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Strong proficiency with data analysis (macros, visual basic, advanced Excel functions).
- Commodity expertise with steel fabrications, mechanical components, or electrical components (including PCB's and board level components).
- Lean Six Sigma training.
- Green Belt Certified.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Ability to effectively operate in any organizational structure.
- Capable of working autonomously.
- Highly self-motivated with methodical approach and good attention to detail.
More information is available by contacting Carbon60 on 01329 227039
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.