Data Processing & Query Management 35 hours per week (Basic) some Adhoc overtime may be required PURPOSETo work as part of a payroll support team...
An excellent opportunity has arisen working for a Prestigious Aviation Company based in Gloucester. This is an immediate requirement for a Sourcing Specialist (focus on indirect) to join the existing sourcing team. This is a contract position, initially for a 6 month period - with the possible chance of extension.
Working on a New Technology Introduction Programme, this is an exciting role that will lend itself well to someone with a strong background in sourcing and an understanding of the aerospace or civil aviation industry.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for providing Sourcing support under site indirect and direct sourcing function guideline, utilising your experience and expertise to engage with cross functional stakeholders on site with the aim of supporting successful programme delivery in terms of time, cost and quality.
1. Work closely with the team to meet project deliverables
2. Attend regular site meeting as required to ensure Sourcing activities are fulfilled effectively
3. Identity project needs proactively and support early Supplier engagement
4. Assist in identifying and driving new sources of supply and on-boarding new suppliers
5. Solicit and evaluate supplier proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques
6. Drive Contract reviews as required effectively
7. Manage Supplier deliverables and Performance
8. Ensure Sourcing Compliance
- Previous experience in a Sourcing role
- Aerospace industry Sourcing experience essential
- Aerospace government contract experience preferred
- Prior experience in procurement coverage large NTI programs ($5M plus)
- Prior experience in contractual management
- Prior experience in project management skills
- Strong cross functional stakeholder management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Can-do and customer focused attitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Team player with the ability to work with cross functional teams
- Travel occasionally as required by the business
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.